At Eyeland Optometry, we believe strongly in giving back to the community and caring for the eyes of all those in need. Outreach programs represent an opportunity to show the community the level of commitment our optometrists have to their community. The staff also plays an important role in community outreach.
We are focused on local charities and will be donating $10 from each sale of glasses towards one of the charities – patients choice! This will be donated annually. Dr. Peter Roed is setting the bar high by starting the charity pool with a $1000 donation. Stay tuned to see our totals!
- St. Albert Food Bank -The St. Albert Food Bank has been providing emergency nutritional support to the community since 1984. The St. Albert Food Bank and Community Village (SAFBCV) assists disadvantaged residents to reach or return to a state of independence, personal safety and improved quality of life and empowerment.
- Stop Abuse in Families (SAIF) – ?Since 1989, the Stop Abuse In Families (SAIF) Society has provided services to clients that are experiencing abuse and its devastating effects to the family unit. We also offer support groups, and provide educational prevention programs to schools and groups in our community.
- Zebra Child Protection Centre – Edmonton’s Zebra Child Protection Centre is here for children. We are a community of agencies that responds to allegations of child abuse with compassion, support and protection.
- Sturgeon Foundation – Sturgeon Foundation is a provincially recognized leader in the provision of supportive living for seniors and others in need. Progressive, innovative and customer-focused, the Foundation provides quality facilities, programs and services.
- St. Albert and Sturgeon Hospice Association (SASHA) -Hospice palliative care aims to relieve suffering, while improving the quality of living and dying.